Sunday, June 8, 2014

Speak Life!

And the count down begins!  On Thursday, June 12 at 12:30 PM we will complete the 2013-2014 school year!  And, wow...what a year it has been!  I want to extend a HUGE thank you to each of you for not getting distracted by all of the noise and commotion and staying focused on on our students.  Although they don't express it often, for many of them we are their safe harbor.  A place where they can go and know that they are loved, appreciated, and will be kept safe.

For the next eight weeks some of our babies will be without the"comforts" our school brings to them.  We can keep that feeling going though by encouraging our students these last four days and being fully attuned to them and their feelings.  Be present (and I don't mean attendance wise).   Listen to your students and try to impart wisdom these last days.  As Maya Angelou says, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”   What an awesome gift we can give the young ones we've been given the honor of working with for 10 months.  One of my favorite teachers EVER is Ms. Brenda Peregoy at Triton High School.  She teaches French and was the Newspaper Sponsor.  Anyone who talks to me for a few minutes can imagine how I massacred French in her class and how outspoken I could been in our newspaper class.  I can't remember many of the French terms she taught me (sorry Ms. Peregoy!).  But you do know what I remember?  How she made me feel like I was the smartest, prettiest, most important student she ever taught!  Since I left her classroom, there has been many times where I did not feel smart, pretty, or important.  But one reason why I won't give up or give in is because I feel I would be letting her down.  Now that was 19 years ago...I can't believe that!

Leave that type of legacy.  You do not have to be a classroom teacher.  Everyone in our building as the responsibility to make a child's life better...why not do it now so you will not have to live with regret when you read in the paper about another young person who makes an unwise decision.  Maybe you could have spoken something into that child's life that made them think twice before doing something unwise!

Say something positive NOW!



Have a wonderful week and THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU!!!!

Angela

Week of June 9-13, 2014
MONDAY

  • No enhancements
  • COL Events
  • No After school Meeting
  • Trail Mix On Sale :)
TUESDAY
  • Field Day
  • No enhancements
WEDNESDAY
  • No enhancements
  • 5th Grade Celebration at 1:30 (3rd and 4th can attend if they want)
THURSDAY
  • No enhancement
  • Fun Time Outside for Students Who Do Not Owe Any Money or Books
  • Dismissal at 12:30 (all staff at either bus or carpool duty for summer sendoff)
  • Staff can leave at 1:00 if they have comp time
FRIDAY
  • End of Year Cookout at Lunch
  • Bridal Shower for Ms. Lopes at Lunch
Building will be open, if their is interest, on Saturday or Sunday.  You will need to sign up on Google Doc (to be sent later on this week) to help guide me in if or when to open building.



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about Ms. Peregoy. She always made me feel that way as well, and it's been 29 years since I sat in her newspaper class my senior year at Triton. Even now when I run into her at IGA, Ms. Peregoy still takes the time to learn about what is going on in my life. She really does care about people. I love her dearly!

    ReplyDelete