Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Purpose of Education

I am typing this post in a very different environment than I usually do.  I am currently in the BIG town of Bunn...not Dunn, I said Bunn, NC.  Bunn is home to one of my mother's sisters Ann.  We have made a day of delivering Girl Scout cookies and visiting family.  And it is one of the coldest days this year.  But it has also been one of the warmest days as well.  I love my family and being able to visit my brother and his family in Wake Forest, then travel to Louisburg (my mom's hometown) and visit with more family, and then have dinner in Bunn with my more family...well, lets just say that being with loved ones truly makes me check myself and my life.  You see...when you going through the motions of everyday life you sometimes forget to really live.  This "wake up" call was truly what I needed after the crazy week we all experienced last week.

This idea of needing a "wake up" to help align your life to your purpose in life is what we all need to think about when times get tough.  What do you believe the purpose of what we do is? Do you sacrifice your free time and money for the students in your classroom because you want students to pass a test in May?  No, of course not.  I believe that we all give of ourselves because we want all students to have a chance to succeed.  We want to leave behind a legacy that makes students remembers us with smiles on their faces and not with grimaces.  We want students to have what we have achieved in life but to a much higher level.

Whatever you need to do to have "wake up" moments...do it.  And when we experience CRAZY like we did this past week you might have to have more frequent "wake up" moments.  Here's a short "wake up" call...hope you enjoy!



Angela

Week of February 16-20, 2015 (B WEEK)

Monday, February 16

  • Principal PLC Mtg at EES 8:15-10:15
  • Monday Morning Meeting
  • Honors Chorus Practice 2-3 PM
  • BOB Practice (TBD)
  • Committee Mtg Sign Up (Please sign sheet on bar in office if committee is meeting 2/17)
  • Hill at County Office at 3:00 PM
Tuesday, February 17
  • 3rd and 4th grades PLCs
  • Committee Mtg. at 3:30
Wednesday, February 18
  • 5th grade PLC
  • BOB Competition (We really have NONE!!!!!)
Thursday, February 19
  • Hill and Backus Admin Mtg in Hill's Office at 1 PM
Friday, February 20
Let's have the easiest Friday ever :)




No comments:

Post a Comment