Sunday, August 9, 2015

It's A New Day!

Welcome to my blog!  I started using this platform to communicate with staff members two years ago and I believe it helped our team keep focus on what's important while navigating the waters of public education!  I hope you enjoy reading the blog and that it keeps you in the "know" throughout the school year.  I want to warn you that although I am married to a high school English teacher I struggle with spelling, conventions, etc.  My husband says I write like I talk and that's a PROBLEM! Well, I have him or people who are good at "that kind of stuff" edit my professional writings but these are my thoughts so just extend grace and mercy  and know I realize my short comings and I really am trying to be better...I really am.

Anyway, this week I wanted to share a bit about why I do what I do.  I am a member of your school community for the same reason I have worked at other sites.  I know that I was placed in such a time as this to make a positive impact in the lives of students.  By working with students, I have the chance to change their projectory in life and their impact on this world will live on way after I am gone.  That lasting legacy is what I am interested in.

My parents had hopes and dreams for their little girl way back in 1978.  They wanted the best for me and shared their hopes and dreams with me.

Fast forward to my 4th grade year and I am in the class of an AMAZING teacher who seems to anticipate challenge and pushes me to be better...now I want to be a teacher.

I graduated in May of 2001 ready to enter the teaching world and change the world...with my family's hopes and dreams mingled with my own.


And I feel I did.  Student by student, year by year... And then I went back to school at NCSU to become an administrator because I wanted to make change at the school level and I have.  At my most recent school, Erwin Elementary, I helped lead our staff to creating a more equitable and successful learning environment by taking our proficiency level from 38.1% to 51% in three years.

And The Capitol Encore Academy is where my allegiance now lies.  I was looking for a school that wanted to provide successful learning opportunities for ALL students while focusing on the whole child.  We will be the school that districts in our areas will model future schools and arts integration programs after.  We will be a model school for what's right in public education.  I see this in our near future.

And, that's why I am here.  Ultimately, my mission in life is to help provide a quality education for kids so they can live out their dreams as well as all of the hopes and dreams their parents have for them.

Why are you here?  I want to hear your story.  Please share via email or stop by and chat!  I love to hear what motivates those I work with.

Have an amazing Sunday and look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Angela

Week of August 10, 2015

Monday, August 10
8-11: Staff orientation
12-3: Lead teacher meetings (all other staff work in classrooms)

Tuesday, August 11
SIT meeting off-site all day
Remaining staff - Singapore Math Training

Wednesday, August 12
9 - 11 Teach Like a Champion Training
12 - 3 Teach Like a Champion Training

Thursday, August 13
8-11 Data Director Training
12-3 Monthly Assessments, Performance Series, Intervention

Arts/ Part Time Staff Schedule
Full days EXCEPT for the 11th (Day Off) and the 13th (PM Session Off)

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment