Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Change Gonna Come...

The above song is one of my favorites.  It's all about change and although the change he sings about is not the same as the change we are taking on at TCEA, there is this chord of hope that I hear in the song, and I feel that same level of hope about the change in which we are embarking at school.  I will be sending an email with the findings from our math conversations last week but to sum it up in a few words: IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE IN INSTRUCTION.

I will share one thing about me as a leader, that is a weakness and a strength.  I totally believe that the teacher should be the expert and leader in his/her room.  So because of this fact, I sometimes err on the side of the teacher when I view instruction and growth of students.  This year I set out to observe and make changes as needed, and just get out of the way and allow teachers to teach.  This is a strength when things are going well, but can be a weakness when things are not improving as needed.

I know now, that I needed to change.  I need to give you, the teachers, the time and support needed to "beef up" math instruction so you feel confident in your knowledge and instruction of students.  I will change the way I lead now so that I can transition to my "natural" way of leading later.

I am asking you to embrace the changes taking place with a growth mindset and the idea of these changes being needed to create positive results for our students.  I will be sharing more of the changes in store via email this week, and I look forward to the amazing results we'll see across our building.

Angela

Week of January 25-29, 2016

Monday, January 25
  • Mid Term Grades Due
  • 1st Grade PLCs*
  • Staff Mtg (Baby Shower)
Tuesday, January 26
  • Vision Mass Screening
  • Arts PLC
  • 5th/6th PLC
  • SST Mtg at 3:30
Wednesday, January 27
  • 2nd & 4th Data Day
  • 3rd PLC
Thursday, January 28
  • 4th & 5th/6th Data Day
  • 4th PLC
  • 2nd PLC
Friday, January 29
  • 3rd & K Data Day
  • K PLC
  • Progress Reports Go Home
  • FEO Sports Day

* potential retention list will be distributed in PLCs this week with due date to Hill 2/1/16.

No comments:

Post a Comment