Sunday, May 18, 2014

I Told The Storm...

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."  Martin Luther King, Jr.

The above quote is one of the best quotes I've come across.  I liked it so much that I asked my friend to create a piece of artwork with the quote on it that I could hang in my office.  I felt that this quote was very appropriate at a time such as this.
I know the news I shared with you on Friday afternoon was not good news.  To know that three teachers will have to transfer to another Harnett County School is not easy to stomach.  It makes it easier to take knowing that everyone will still have a job unlike three-four years go when staff members were affected by the reduction in force (RIF) process.  That is a silver lining.
As I stated on Friday, this challenging news is difficult to take but we have to stay focused on the job at hand...give the very best we have to our students over the next four weeks.  The future will take care of itself.  Life goes on and things change...life is this way. Ten years from now, I promise you will not remember the details of this upheaval at EES.  What you, the staff, and students at EES will remember is the way we stuck together during this challenging time.  The students will remember that they really enjoyed their last few weeks of the 2013-2014 school year.  Let's stick together and provide the best educational opportunities these next few weeks.  I love each of you and I promise as I make decisions I will keep you in the know.


Week of May 19-23
*Observations Continue for Staff Not In TNL
Monday, May 19
  • 3rd Grade PLC
  • 4th Grade PLC
  • Video Taping Begins for EOG SURPRISE VIDEO
  • EOG Training at 3:30 in Media Center
Tuesday, May 20
  • 5th Grade PLC
  • PBIS Store (See Daily Newsletter for times)
  • Yearbook Assembly at 2:30 (Students will be dismissed from the auditorium)
Wednesday, May 21
  • Nothing extra scheduled
Thursday, May 22
  • Nothing extra scheduled
Friday, May 23
  • Enhancement PLC @ 1:30
  • Summer Beach Party (see information sent out by Gaines/Dunkins)
Sunday, May 25
  • Building Open 3PM-6 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment