Sunday, March 1, 2015

PROOF...Continuous Improvement

This year I wanted to focus on PROOF.  I wanted us to keep our eyes on the prize (student proficiency and growth) while having documentation to support our improved instructional practices. I feel that we have dropped the ball and the idea of having proof is too hard and too much work.  But is increasing proficiency and providing our students the best education possible too much work or too hard?

I know that I ask a lot from you if you work alongside of me but please know that I also ask a lot of myself and many times I feel I've dropped the ball regarding my own decrees I've placed on myself.  It would just be easier if I ignored the fact that I am not doing what I said I would do way back in September and continue to move forward but that would be putting our students needs above my own and as we took the vow in August..."I will get over myself":

So, here goes! I will need each homeroom teacher to bring the following information with you to PLC (5th grade please bring next week but submit reading level info to Gay, Hill, and Backus by Wednesday):

  • Conferencing PROOF
  • Reading Level PROOF
  • A list of students at risk of not being Proficient at the end of year (use data and teacher knowledge)/ highlight students on the bubble (could be proficient/could not...just depends on the day)
  • A Guided Reading Plan for one group you'll do this week
  • LF math lesson plan currently teaching
No one should have to do extra work and please do not create something for this activity.  I am providing this list of things needed at PLC but you should have all of this information available because it guides instruction.

I continue to fear that we are all falling back into our old ways and you know what they say...if you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get and to think differently is insanity.

Image result for quote about continuous improvement pinterest


If you have any questions, please see me.

March 2-6, 2015
Read Across America Week

Monday, March 2, 2015
Magical/ Sci-Fiction Monday
  • Monday Morning Meeting
  • Hill at Chamber Mtg 12-1
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Homeroom Color Challenge (3rd Green, 4th Yellow, and 5th Orange)
  • 3rd grade and 5th grade PLCs
  • SIT Mtg at 3:30 in Media Center
Wednesday,March 4, 2015
Superhero Day
  • World Read Aloud Day (we will have a guest reader every hour that will begin reading a tumble book aloud online.  Each teacher with students will need to have the book pulled up and displayed on their Smart Board; after the mystery reader reads the book, you will need to continue the book.  I will email you a link to the books Tuesday AM. If you need to know how to operate your board to do this or need help, you will need to contact Mrs. Gaines MONDAY to schedule help session)  This needs to be done throughout the building except for cafeteria.
  • 5th grade teachers at training
  • Spelling Bee at CU at 9 AM
Thursday, March 5
Start a Spark: Spreading Random Acts of Kindness Day
  • Hill at Principals' Mtg
  • Coaching Collaborative Mtg in Conference Room 3:30-4:30
  • Hill in Webinar from 3:00-5:00
  • Mentor/ Mentee Mtg at 3:30
Friday, March 6
Quote Day
  • Hill out all day
  • Jeans for A Cause (Money due to Mrs. Tutor by noon)


No comments:

Post a Comment