Sunday, November 8, 2015



To improve, things have to be "tweaked" and improved.  All people agree with this fact and no one will argue about this being true.  The struggle comes when the "tweaking" and improving relates to people having to change what they're used to doing and/or if the change seems to involve more work.

This struggle is real and has happened to me many times in my life.  One area where I struggle and have fought improvement has been my health.  I know what to do and have done it twice (proof below) but I still feel like it's not going to happen again.  It takes work...it take perseverance...it means I have to make sacrifices and know that although every day won't be my best, small changes here and there can get me back to where I need to be.

I am sharing my personal struggle with being healthy to be transparent and let my "humanness" show.  I also wanted to share my struggle because there's another struggle that we are all a part of here at TCEA.  That is the struggle to create a mission and vision that guides all we do while still trying to find who "we" are.  A school in it's second year is still a baby but we have the adult responsibility of giving our best to the kids in our building.  That means we have to dig deep.  That means we have to admit mistakes and know that although we fail, at times, we need to dust ourselves off and move forward.  It means we celebrate what we do well and try to replicate it in every room in our building.  It means we have GRIT! 



Let's dig deep for our students and not become stagnate.  Let's challenge ourselves and model this vital skill of never settling for easy when better is available.
Image result for quotes about digging deep

I hope you've had an awesome weekend and are ready for an AMAZING week!

Angela

Week of November 9-13, 2015


REMINDER: IS Survey from round 2 are DUE! Please make sure your complete the survey and submit.  This is not optional! 


Monday, November 9, 2015
  • IS Planning 3:30-5:00
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
  • Veterans Breakfast 7:30-7:50 in Lobby
  • Veterans Visits to Classrooms
  • Arts PLC
  • 5th/6th PLC
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
  • No School!- Veterans Day
Thursday, November 12, 2015
  • 2nd Grade PLC
  • 4th Grade PLC
  • FEO Mtg at Sweet Palette at 3:30 (would love to have teachers attend)
Friday, November 13, 2015
  • IS Lesson Plans Due
  • Hill at Mtg from 8:30-12:30
  • K PLC

No comments:

Post a Comment