Monday, September 5, 2016

Puzzle Pieces of Life


Image result for puzzle pieces build picture

This week I ran across notes, in my journal, that I wrote at least two years ago.  One line reads: Don't evaluate you life in daily pieces but in larger portions (pictures).  This hit home for me.  If I had to evaluate my happiness with work, home, etc based on the daily occurrences I would definitely want OUT.  Life is hard!  Working in a school is HARD! But take a look at the bigger picture and I can not imagine any other place I would rather be.  So, I challenge you to stop and think when those moments of being overwhelmed hit that this is just a moment and it will pass.  Take time to see the bigger picture.  Another thing I have done to help reflect on the bigger picture is to journal.  Below is an easy format, developed by Michael Hyatt, that keeps me focused and uses my time wisely.  I am glad that you have added TCEA Puzzle Pieces to your larger puzzle and I look forward to seeing your completed masterpiece.  Have an awesome week!

Yesterday

  • What did I do yesterday?
    [I don’t chronicle everything, of course. I just hit the highs and the lows—those activities or events I want to remember later.]
  • What lessons did I learn?
    [I try to distill my experience down into a couple of lessons I want to remember. It’s not what happens to us but what we *learn* from what happens to us.]

Now

  • What am I thankful for right now?
    [I journal in the morning, and this is one practical way I can begin my day with a sense of abundance and gratitude.]
  • How am I feeling right now?
    [Feelings aren’t the be-all-end-all, but they are an important clue. In the past, I just ignored or suppressed my them. This gives me an opportunity to check in on myself.]

Today

  • What did I read today?
    [I record a list of anything I’ve read since I last journaled, including Bible passages. Occasionally, I record a lesson or insight.]
  • What are my plans for today?
    [I preview my schedule and my major tasks for the day, mostly to get focused on what needs to be done.]
  • What one thing must I accomplish today?
    [I like to know the one thing I must get done, even if I don’t accomplish anything else. This helps me prioritize.]

September 5-9, 2016

This Week

Reminders:
  • Review Fire Drill Routes on Tuesday.  They will be in your box Tuesday morning.
  • Lesson Plans should be dropped starting tomorrow.  If you need help, see your chair.
  • Continue with the 5 TLaC strategies you started with last week: SLANT, Thresholding, Tracking, Do Now, and Entry Routine.
  • Look at the videos below to review the 2 other TLaC strategies we focused on last year.
No Opt Out

Cold Call/ Show Call




Monday, September 5
  • No School- Labor Day
Tuesday, September 6
  • PLCs in Planning Room in Middle School Land
    • 5th/ 6th/7th: 8:30-9:30
    • K: 10-11
    • 1st/2nd: 12-1
    • 3rd/4th: 1-2
    • Arts PLC in Music Room at 9:30-10
  • Reading 3D benchmarks begin
  • Electives Begin
Wednesday, September 7
  • Administrative Team Mtg at 8:30
  • Reading 3D benchmark
Thursday, September 8
  • Practice BOG
  • Reading 3D benchmark
  • Arts PLC in Music Room at 9:30-10

    Friday, September 9
    • Spirit Day
    • Reading 3D benchmark


    No comments:

    Post a Comment