Sunday, October 30, 2016

Am I My Coworker's Keeper?




What is one reason why you do not collaborate as much as you want to? Please comment on this blog or email me your response by Monday Night at 8 PM.




Monday, October 31

  • Goody Day in AAC (Please see Mrs. Grigg's Email For Details)
  • Committee Mtg in Cafe at 3:30
Tuesday, November 1
  • Progress Monitor Yellow Students
  • PLCs (RtI)
    • 5th, 6th, 7th: 8:30-9:30
    • Arts: 9:30-10:00
    • K: 10-11
    • 1st/2nd: 12-1
    • 2nd/3rd: 1-2
    • Support Team: 2-3
Wednesday, November 2

  • Progress Monitor Yellow Students
  • LuLaRoe Sell in AAC 10-12:30
Thursday, November 3
  • Fall Portraits 8-11 in Rooms 117 and 118
Friday, November 4
  • Hill out at State Mtg
  • CCC Field Trip to Rock Climbing 8:30-12:30 (please see Dr. Caine if you have questions)
  • CCC Field Trip Hike/ Lunch 1-3 (please see Dr. Caine if you have questions)

6 comments:

  1. My team collaborates and plans often virtually. We share what works and what doesn't. For example, we make copies for each other and share writing lesson plans, plainly and simply, dividing and conquering works best for us. However, we may not sit down face-face mainly because lack of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, I have issues collaborating because I may feel my ideas are inadequate. However, my team is great at working together and bringing view points from different areas. We share best practices, and have a positive climate, which helps with collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The people who I am working with right now in my small corner of the world are amazing. We make time every day to share ideas about what is working ans what is needed for lesson plans whether it be over text or in person. As far as what is going on out in the rest of the school I, at the beginning of the year had a feel for what was going on but as the weeks have passed do not have a feel for what is going on any more. Most likely this is due to more IEP meetings and less interactions with classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jarae - I enjoy my arts team collaboration, and I also enjoy the opportunities provided by integration studio to collaborate with classroom teachers. The only reason it doesn't happen more is lack of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Falls

    I think that a big obstacle to collaborating is that teachers often enjoy the design and pacing of their classroom and find it difficult to surrender some of that control to a larger group. One key to successful collaboration is knowing the strengths of each team member and utilizing each other appropriately in order to to create a team and a project that is stronger than each individual by himself or herself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The reason why I do not collaborate as much as I want to is because of lack of time. I need to create or find other methods to collaborate with my co-workers, because there knowledge combined with my knowledge will help our fellow students.

    ReplyDelete