Sunday, October 8, 2017

Know Better Do Better

The video attached for this week is one of my favorite videos.  It shows the impact our adult interactions can have on students on a daily basis.  You never know what a student is walking though and just knowing that a kind word, hug, smile, etc. could make their day so much better helps me "get over myself" when I am having a rough patch in life.  Now, please hear me when I say that I DO NOT GET IT RIGHT EVERYDAY!!! I wish I could say I do but I would be telling a lie.  

But I do want our students to feel supported and respected at our school.  That support and respect does not mean that our students have their run of the school.  No...support and respect means that we applaud the positive behaviors that they exhibit and correct inappropriate behaviors.  We also teach students the needed behaviors when they struggle to exhibit them.  We won't always get it right but as the saying goes...once we know better we do better.  


Have an amazing week and thanks for all you do!

πŸ¦ŽπŸ‘ Chameleon ClapπŸ¦ŽπŸ‘

From Ms. Hughes: Mrs. Majka for helping me with my Donors Choose project.  She has been so helpful and such thoughtful and kind words to me and it is greatly appreciated!

From Ms. Hughes: Middle School Team - ya'll rock!! Couldn't have a better team to work with!

From Ms. Akers: Ms. Cane and Ms. Ezell, thank you for keeping a close eye on your students in the lunch line and holding them accountable! 

From TCEA: Congratulations to The Thomas Family on their new addition: Avery Grace Thomas!!!!



Week of Monday, October 9- Friday, October 13
Monday, October 9
  • Parent University Sign Up for Staff Due
  • Hill covers Stoffer
  • 5th Grade Planning at 12:50 PM
  • Leadership SIT Pre-Party Mtg. Hill's Office at 3:30
Tuesday, October 10
  • Arts Integration 8-10
    • 1st Grade 8-9:
      • Johnson- Lanham
        Stoffer-Strimel
        Walker-Pond
    • 4th Grade 9:05-10:05
      • Majka-Carr
        McLaughlin-Bullington
  • 3rd Grade Planning 10:10-11:10
  • Stoffer Library 9:45-11:00
Wednesday, October 11
  • PLCs (Walk Through and Awards)
    • Kindergarten 8-9
    • 1st Grade 9:05-10:05
    • 2nd/3rd Grades 10:10-11:10
    • 4th/5th Grades 12:50-1:50
    • Middle Grades 1:55-2:55
Thursday, October 12
  • Hill at Charter School Leadership Meeting
  • Fall Portraits 8-11:30
  • Kindergarten Planning 8-9
  • 2nd Grade Planning 10:10-11:10
  • Arts PLC 11:15-12:15
  • 4th Grade Planning at 12:50-1:50
Friday, October 13
  • Hill, Kline, Stoffer, and Ezell at The Arts Based Charter School 6:45 AM-3:00 PM
  • Thomas at Charter School Leadership Meeting
  • Kindergarten Planning 8-9
  • 1st Grade Planning 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment